To gather insights on the state of cloud development and deployment today, we spoke with 15 executives from 13 companies that develop tools and services for companies to develop in, and deploy to, the cloud.
We spoke to:
- Nishant Patel, CTO, and Gaurav Purandare, Senior DevOps Engineer, Built.io
- Sacha Labourey, CEO and Founder, CloudBees
- Jeff Williams, co-founder and CTO, Contrast Security
- Samer Fallouh, V.P. Engineering, and Andrew Turner, Senior Engineer, Dialexa
- Anders Wallgren, CTO, Electric Cloud
- Jack Norris, S.V.P. Data and Applications, MapR
- Michael Elliott, Cloud Evangelist, NetApp
- Faisal Memon, Technical Product Marketing, NGINX
- Seth Proctor, CTO, NuoDB
- Pedro Verruma, CEO, rethumb
- Pete Chadwick, Director of Cloud Product Management, SUSE
- Nick Kephart, Senior Director Product Marketing, Thousand Eyes
- Dmitry Sotnikov, V.P. of Cloud, WSO2
Here’s what they told us when we asked, “What software do you use most often to developing in, and deploying to, the cloud?”
- We use a variety of tools and processes to build and deploy software to the cloud. Our development teams use Java, .NET, Node.js, Ruby, and Python environments. We use Maven and Jenkins to build software, and Git to manage our source code repositories. We manage our development work with JIRA and other tools. For deployment, we use Ansible for deployment and Lambda for certain jobs.
- Standard C++, Java, Python; tools like the Atlassian suite for build management; AWS for dev testing theirs and our own; Chef, Ansible, and log monitoring.
- .NET, Node.js. Deploy to AWS with Docker. Use AWS to host and implement the deployment pipeline. We also use Circle CI for deployment.
- Our product helps clients go through the digital transformation. A fluid digital system that can be treated as a LEGO set.
- We mainly use Docker, to create ready-to-deploy images and to allow easy updates to our running applications. These images contain NGINX servers, Node.js, PHP, and other such software.
- Our products help clients automate efficient CD in the cloud.
- Enables big data apps using Hadoop, Spark, and more to serve business-critical needs.
- Commercial front end load balancer using J2EE, JBoss, WebLogic. On the backend with APIs, PHP, and Node.js.
- Software application development of online code with JIRA and Atlassian. Support from Service Now, Zendesk, and Salesforce. Financial/ERP from Zuora for subscription billing. Operations from DataDog. Incident management from Pager Duty and Xmatters.
- Git, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, ServiceNow, AWS, and many others.
- Our strategic partners include AWS, Cisco, Dell, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HPE, IBM, Intel, Lenovo, Microsoft, SAP, sgi, and VMware.
- It’s all over the place. It used to be an app with a database to move to the cloud. We’ve used Apache, NGINX, and PHP. Now we use Docker images, Ansible to set up server images, Chef for deployment, Jenkins, and MongoDB. Node.js is in the stack for applications and we use Redis to boost application performance.
- ONTAP 9 and ONTAP Cloud offer scale, management, automation and application integration to simplify storage operations on-premises and across clouds. StorageGRID Webscale offers a storage infrastructure for cloud applications built for AWS S3, with policy-based data placement across datacenters and storage tiers at cloud speed. AltaVault offers secure remote backups as well as cross-site backups/archives with StorageGRID Webscale. SolidFire offers cloud-scale storage for large virtualized environments (not in payload, but fits story). OnCommand Insight provides insights into cloud workloads across on-premises/cloud-inspired, hybrid, and public environments.
Warning: Missing argument 1 for cwppos_show_review(), called in /home/blogit/public_html/wp-content/themes/flat/content-single.php on line 29 and defined in /home/blogit/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-product-review/includes/legacy.php on line 18